Foreign Language

Foreign language placement tests are administered by the Department of World Languages & Cultures. The following guidelines can help you decide if you need to take a placement exam and determine the best course for your skill level.

If you studied your language for two years in high school and received good grades, you are probably ready for 1002; if you studied the language for three years or more, you are probably ready for 2001 or 2002.

There is a block on registration if you do not have credits for the 1001 course. To have the block lifted, do one of the following:

If you plan to study French, German or Spanish, see the instructions about the Webcape exam.

If you are studying another language, e-mail a faculty member in that language (see the faculty listing) or call the Department of World Languages & Cultures at 404-413-5981. Placement exams are available in the department for other languages.