Degree Works is a web-based tool that provides real-time advice on degree progression. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
Degree Works is available to new students who enter Georgia State University in Fall 2013 or later, or current students who change to a catalog term equal to Fall 2013 or later. Students can access their Academic Evaluations through PAWS.
Here are some of the tasks you can accomplish with Degree Works:
- Learn the degree requirements for your major
- Identify courses needed to complete your degree
- See how the courses you have completed fulfill requirements for your major
- See what courses you have taken that do not count towards your major
- View the grades, transfer credits, or exceptions applied to your requirements
- Confirm your grade-point average (GPA)
- Find out, before you officially change your major, how the courses completed meeting the new major requirements
- Select the right courses for next term
- Supports real-time delivery of degree completion information through intuitive web self-service interfaces
- Allows advisors to search for students by various criteria such as college, degree, major, classification, etc. to view degree progress
- Provides the ability for advisors to make degree requirement substitutions electronically
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Increases productivity between academic departments across campus
Are you trying to find your academic advisor?
Use our advisor search tool to find out more information.