Degree Works is a web-based tool that provides real-time advice on degree progression. This system is designed to aid and facilitate academic advising but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions. Here is the link to our video tutorials to view and use Degree Works.
Students can access their Academic Evaluations through PAWS.
Here are some of the tasks you can accomplish with Degree Works:
- Learn the degree requirements for your major
- Identify courses needed to complete your degree
- See how the courses you have completed fulfill requirements for your major
- See what courses you have taken that do not count towards your major
- View the grades, transfer credits, or exceptions applied to your requirements
- Confirm your grade-point average (GPA)
- Find out, before you officially change your major, how the courses completed meeting the new major requirements
- Select the right courses for next term
Benefits of Degree Works for Georgia State University
- Supports real-time delivery of degree completion information through intuitive web self-service interfaces
- Allows advisors to search for students by various criteria such as college, degree, major, classification, etc. to view degree progress
- Provides the ability for advisors to make degree requirement substitutions electronically
- Online environment reduces paperwork and manual degree checklists
- Increases productivity between academic departments across campus
Are you trying to find your academic advisor?
Use our advisor search tool to find out more information.
Visit Panther Answers to search for answers concerning enrollment, registration, student records, financial aid and student accounts.