An advising preparation session provides incoming first-year students with important information. Academic advising will host a 30-minute virtual "Advising Preparation Session.” The purpose of the session is to ensure you are ready to register for classes before attending your New Student Orientation.
You can view the upcoming sessions below and register to attend a virtual "Advising Preparation Session."
During the session, academic advisors will:
- Discuss completing required steps before registration.
- Discuss class registration and which campus will you attend.
- Briefly review all required and option classes for your specific pathway (program of study).
- Discuss placement test options.
- Discuss if you earned college credit in high school and send the information to Georgia State University Admissions (AP, IB, Dual Enrollment, Transfer Credit, Other).
Are you trying to find your academic advisor?
Use our advisor search tool to find out more information.