What is Mandatory Advisement?
At Georgia State every freshman is required to meet with an academic advisor prior to completing your first year of attendance. During your mandatory advisement session your academic advisor will assist you with course scheduling, creating a solid academic foundation and assist with any academic challenges you may be facing.
Top Five Reasons to Schedule Your Mandatory Advisement Session Today
- It’s your chance to find out about curriculum updates.
- Your advisor can supply you with many resources to give you your best chance at success.
- You can find out how your major and academic career at Georgia State will support your future goals.
- You will have the chance to meet your academic support team at the university.
- It’s mandatory…. so to register for classes, you must come in to resolve your hold.
Are you trying to find your academic advisor?
Use our advisor search tool to find out more information.
Visit Panther Answers to search for answers concerning enrollment, registration, student records, financial aid and student accounts.