Your Senior Year
Congratulations, Senior! You’ve just met a huge milestone! As a senior, you are now fully immersed in your major and should be planning your remaining course requirements, looking for internship opportunities, updating your resume and thinking about graduate school. You will now be advised by the Office of Academic Assistance (OAA) in your college. Your senior advisor can provide valuable assistance in navigating remaining terms here at Georgia State University.
Below are a few things to consider and discuss with your advisor:
- Developing a course plan for your final year using the academic planning worksheet and reviewing it with your academic advisor.
- Applying for graduation.
- Reviewing your graduation audit with your advisor and discussing any graduation-related course substitutions and other petitions with your OAA advisor.
- Completing an internship related to your major (depending on your program).
- Applying for graduate school and/or continuing to gather information about potential graduate schools and taking entrance exams. These may include the Graduate Record Exam (GRE), the Law School Admission Test (LSAT), the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Visiting University Career Services, AYS Career Services or the RCB Career Management Center.
To get the most out of your college experience, make an appointment to meet with your senior advisor!