Deciding on a Major can be a challenging and exciting task. The M.E. Program is available to help assist you in making that decision by introducing you to a step by step process to help you determine your major.
Step Two: Gathering Info!
Step two of the M.E. Program will look closely at the results of your assessments to allow you to continue to gather info about yourself and make informative decisions as you move forward in the major decision making process. This step also allows you to…
- Research the different careers that match your personality.
- Attend different workshops and major fairs given by the University Advisement Center.
- Get involved with clubs and organizations that are related to your major/career interests.
Step Three: Academic Exploration
Step three allows you to directly apply the new information you have learned about yourself as you explore academically by…
- Figuring out if the major you are interested in offers an introductory class, and seeing if it is a part of the core curriculum. If that is the case, take the class to help you find out if that is the major you are interested in.
- Looking at the list of majors and beginning to cross off the majors you know you aren’t interested in.
Step Five: Deciphering Outcomes
Step five takes what you have determined in steps 1-4 and begins to let you research your interested majors further by…
- Taking courses from the areas of interest that would count towards the Core Curriculum you have not yet satisfied that area.
- Conducting informational interviews with people who work or teach in the fields you are interested in.
Step Six: Involvement
Step Six is all about finalizing your decision and making a commitment to a specific major. Once you have decided on a major you will want to…
- Get involved with clubs and activities (on and off campus) associated with your new major.
- Join career related student organizations, volunteer within the community, and study abroad.